Objectives of ESIMT
The main objectives of Everest Summiteer Iman Gurung Memorial Trust are:
- The trust is non-profit, non-government and social oriented association
- To keep the memorial of late Iman Gurung, conduct of various conference and seminar related to tourism, health, education and environment conservation awareness.
- Provide scholarship to those destitute children, Dalit, needy and marginalized children with coordination of national and international associations.
- Support education sectors of remote parts of Nepal by coordinating with different associations, NGOs and INGOs in different ways
- Fight against the illiteracy in the remote parts of Nepal providing vocational training and environment conservation awareness in the isolated communities.
- Protect the rights of the children and women by conducting information campaigns as needed via the establishment and mobilization of local groups and children's clubs.
- To emphasize for gender equality in the remote parts of Nepal.
- Promote studies and research on the health of pregnant women and to provide general healthcare and nutrition education via mobile clinics.
- Preserve and promote the cultures threatened with extinction.
- Undertake activities aim to promote the overall development of rural areas of Gorkha district.
- Act as advocates for environmental protection whilst promoting rural tourism in Nepal.
The ESIMT currently leads various educational programs in Laprak village. We have established Puspu Dada Computer Training Centre for basic computer training for adults and school children and Laprak Communication center from where one can get the information of Laprak village.