Nepal is very rich in cultural in the world. It has its own history reflecting the traditional activities and cultural development to the groups indigenous to the area. These attract and delight people from all over the world and include not only cultural monuments and buildings but also the 'living history' in terms of literature, art, costumes and song.
As the modern world comes deeper into Nepal every year, it becomes more important that these heritages, being the identity of our country, should be preserved at any cost. Helping to conserve and promote the importance of culture is also necessary for the quality of life in the regions. ESIMT's mission is to rebuild dozens of important monasteries, chorten monuments and prayer wheels. These sites are not important assets for spiritual faith but they are also sites of pilgrimage and serve as tourist attractions that add to the economic development of the local community.
We aim to:
- Repair and maintain demolished heritage sites over time to as close to original condition as possible.
- Provide protection from being stolen.
- Keep the surroundings of the heritage sites clean, tidy and organised.
- Provide regular inspection of the sites.
- Promote community involvement in the conservation of cultural heritages.
- Provide education on the importance of conserving our heritage sites.